After all, it takes a gentleman to pose in a floral print. Just because many men have made fashion blunders when wearing floral shirts doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try them. If you aren’t sure about whether or not it will suit you, don’t worry. We’re here to walk you through all the ways you can don a floral shirt in a classy manner.
How to Wear a Floral Shirt?
Floral shirts are also known as “florals.” These prints have long been associated with womenswear. However, times have changed, and these shirts also have been in line with men’s outfits. Over the years, they have become a trendy piece of clothing perfect for vacations, pool parties, and backyard hangouts. Floral styles have evolved from just the tropics; they now include Native American, African, and English floral prints.
There are some rules for wearing floral prints. Follow these, and you will be on the safe side.
- Firstly, don’t wear two different floral prints together. Even if the contrast seems lovely, don’t.
- The rest of your clothing items should be plain when you are wearing the floral printed shirt.
- You should wear lighter but brighter tones in summers and duller plus darker tones in winters.
- Floral prints don’t suit all occasions. Be mindful about where you intend to wear one.
Wearing something out of your comfort zone can be difficult sometimes because when you have flowers across your chest and all over you, there’s no hiding from it, which means you should have the guts to wear a floral shirt.
With new designs and prints popping up daily, some options will best suit your style and blend in well with the rest of your wardrobe. Experiment and explore by mixing prints and patterns. On buying and styling a floral shirt, consider the following tips:
- Fabric Choice. If you need a shirt that will be suitable for most climates, natural fibers should be your go-to. Please make sure they are breathable, like linen and cotton.
- Size and Fit. Ensure the shoulder seams line up to your shoulders exactly so that you would not look awkward when you wear the shirt.
- Wear it front-open style while on vacation, especially when you are at the beach. Keep it tucked in if you’re feeling street-style savvy.
- Prints and Patterns. Choose the shirt design that is perfect for your body. Once you’ve figured out which floral shirt best fits your personality, go for it and have fun.
From finding the right shirt to completing the look, we are here to guide you on styling your fresh floral shirts so that you can bring the tropical vibes straight to your closet.
Wear a button-up floral shirt with black shorts and white sneakers. This outfit is a life-saver on days when you are in a hurry. It makes you look effortlessly stylish.
Floral prints are best for the spring season. A floral dress shirt goes well with red shorts. A tip for you, match the color of the floral prints to your bottom wear. Either you plan on doing sunbathing or not, level up your ensemble with some cool sunglasses. This outfit is best for picnics, backyard camping, and pool parties.
Wear a floral shirt with a plain white tank top. Leave the shirt unbuttoned. A tank top is a practical option to be a great substitute for a tee on those hot and humid days.
If you are going out of town, try wearing your floral with ripped jeans. Those holes on your jeans can give you ventilation in times you need it, say when it gets too hot outside. To help you out with picking the right clothes, I recommend that you check out these Outfits with Blue Jeans.
As for the footwear, try to put away the usual sneaker and your work dress shoes as everyone loves the combination of floral shirt with sandals.
We know that floral tees and dress shirts are common but have you heard that there are floral pullovers, too? Well, if you haven’t, let me enlighten you. Pullovers and jumpers are winter staples, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock them in summer., especially when there are floral prints on them. Try to wear a floral pullover with regular fit pants and rubber shoes. Look even cooler with specs and a hat
If you are a man in his late 40s, choose the slim-fit floral dress shirts because they’ll look better on you than baggy and oversized ones. Not only does a slim-fit shirt makes you look younger, but it also adds up to your confidence since it shows your wicked shape and posture.
A floral shirt can stand alone, meaning you don’t always have to layer it with other clothes. This style is suitable for the summer season when the weather makes you sweat more than usual.