HostGator is currently one of the greatest web hosting companies. HostGator is also one of the most reputable hosting businesses, powering a large number of domains all over the world.
Advantages and Disadvantages of HostGator
To find out, it wouldn’t hurt to summarize our findings this can help us come up with a clear verdict in the final section of our inspection:
• HostGator is a shared web hosting provider with a wealth of experience, backed by a large client base and a decades-long track record.
• There are few, if any, hosting companies that can match HostGator’s pricing; you’ll almost always find substantial savings and special deals, especially if you choose longer billing cycles.
• You might be able to get a free domain name with your hosting package; bear in mind, however, that the domain will renew at its regular price after one year.
• The average server uptime exceeds the 99.9% stated in HostGator’s service guarantee. This is a standard shared hosting level, with less than an hour of total monthly projected downtime.
• Server response time, which influences your website’s loading speed, is okay but not good for a hosting supplier of the size.
• When purchasing HostGator services one should always remember the specific prices listed on their site are valid for the first billing cycle only.
• The proprietor of HostGator, the Endurance Group, relies on extracting money flows from obtained hosting suppliers, which could suggest less motivation for HostGator to innovate and go that extra mile for its customers.
Features Of HostGator
HostGator offers a huge array of hosting plans that suit almost every kind of web site owner. From those just getting started online, to website owners who run established, high-traffic sites.
When searching through the various hosting options and plans available you will find all the info you will need to make the perfect choice.
You’ll find many different different hosting options to select from including, shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting, WordPress hosting, as well as reseller hosting.
HostGator provides web hosting for a variety of users at various pricing points and with a variety of resource options. It provides good shared hosting for beginners, as well as fantastic options for intermediate users, including a plethora of free extras such as SSL certificates.