Semrush is an all-in-one tool suite for improving online visibility and discovering marketing insights. Our tools and reports are able to help marketers that work in the following services: SEO, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, PR, Content Marketing, Marketing Insights, Campaign Management.
Pros of using Semrush
- It’s generally easy to use.
- Domain analysis is particularly easy to perform with Semrush — you get everything you need to see in one place, laid out clearly.
- Although it provides a large quantity of data, Semrush’s interface is laid out in a logical fashion; and graphs and data visualisations make it easy to understand the metrics provided.
- Semrush’s link building functionality, which features CRM-style features to help you with outreach, is superb.
- Its site auditing feature gives you an easy-to-follow set of instructions on how to make concrete improvements to the technical SEO and on-page SEO aspects of your site.
- In addition to organic search data, Semrush provides you with a lot of PPC data too.
- By comparison to its competitors, Semrush is very generous when it comes to the number of reports you can pull in one day.
- Three channels of support are available – phone, chat and email. This is more comprehensive than competitors Moz and Ahrefs.
- A 14-day free trial is available, which compares positively with some competitors.
Cons of using Semrush
- It only provides data for one search engine, Google — some competing tools, notably Ahrefs, provide data from quite a few others.
- Semrush plans only come with one user account — and buying additional seats is expensive.
- Some key features are only available as part of ‘projects’ — and Semrush limits the number of projects you can run concurrently.
- Some competitive analysis features cost an additional $200 per month extra.
- It’s not as easy to carry out broken link building on Semrush as it should be.
- The free trial, whilst helpful, requires that you enter your credit card details before you can access it.
- Because the Semrush interface is not ‘responsive’, it’s hard to use the tool on a mobile device.
Semrush is a really solid SEO tool that gives you all the key data you’ll need for a successful SEO project. For me, its standout features are its link building and site auditing tools — the former gives you an excellent ‘CRM’ style method of building backlinks and the latter gives you a super-easy checklist of ways that you can improve your technical and on-page SEO.